Sunday 17 October 2010

Our views on sex..


As this blogs theme begins to get more apparent, in exposing honestly about my life, reflections, and opinions. Writing this blog has also been a tool for change in for reflecting on MY life, and I hope to inspire different ideas in others, even if you don't necessarily agree with what I have to say.

This is a post Ive been meaning to write for a while and now I feel ready to share my opinions on this subject. Becoming single again is weird enough, but we are constantly bombarded with sex everyday, its used to sell products, the clothes we wear, lifestyles, it influences our decisions all the time. Theres now an array of films, Sex and the city, Desperate house wives etc. that show that women also have sex drives too,(gasp) and have allowed our generation to speak about sex more openly and honestly, not just for men in pool halls and gym changing rooms. After reading Wetlands by Charlotte Roche earlier tis year, it really touched me and made me think about my views on sex sexuality and the things that I consider a taboo. But also essentially our primal nature and desire for sex.

Growing up going to a Catholic school I certainly know how it feels to be sexually repressed. It seems like for some of us, it is still such a taboo. Although we hear the S-word everywhere nowadays, I know I can sometimes feel crude talking about it.

The past few years for me has been a time when I can say I have been experimental in my sex life, being in a relationship sometimes does that for you and sharing and experimenting together with someone you trust can be so fulfilling. My views of sexuality are changing...

I was reading a post recently about the male menstruation cycle.. theres certain times of the mont when all you can think about and all you want to do is ave sex. Yes we can have sexually active lives, but where do we draw the line? I want an active sex life, but sex for me is more than just about a fuck, sure its great at the time, but I feel even greater when its more, because for me its about sharing something special and intimate with another.

The urge to control our sex drives can sometimes seem like an inner tug of war.. especially if you have a high sex drive. But we should all be more honest and talk about sex more, its part of our lives and something we think about all the time, shouldn't we be celebrating our sexuality?

I love earth religions like paganism, which acceptors and celebrates sexuality in all its forms. Alot of tribal cultures around the world celebrated sexuality and didn't she away from it, until Christianity came and told them they should be ashamed of there sexualities. I went a few years ago to the temples of the karmasutra in India- now that's a country that respects sex- anyone that can prolong sex for hours at a time certainly gets my hats off.

What are your taboos? Do you feel comfortable about talking about sex, or do you feel its just going too far? or have you recently read something to change your mind? Leave me a comment telling me your views on the subject below...
thanx xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment