Monday 11 October 2010

Eat, pray, love


Yesterday I went to see the resent "Eat, Pray, Love" I was hoping on going with someone other than myself, but it seemed that people were otherwise engaged so I was destined to go on my own. A few things to note before you watch this movie...

* Not everyone will like this movie.. why.. some people may feel it abit sappy, a girl trying to "find" herself after a divorce
* You may want to go traveling after seeing this movie
* This film will have you laughing, crying and feeling uplifted, its one of those like slum dog millionaire that even though at times is sad, you can still leave feeling happy.

Julia Roberts the star of the show, of course the epitome of the stereotypical fiercely independent strong American woman. She stars as Liz Gilbert, adapted from the memoir the book of the same title. The film sees her and her traveling around the globe after realising her year long marriage that she thought she wanted.. actually isn't what she wants anymore.. She jets off to Rome.. for the food... India to find God at an Ashram...and Bali where she finds Love.

Being someone that's definitely into self betterment in a big way, having went through my own sort of "wake up call" at 19, and seeing that the world really is more than what we think... that for the most part WE are the creators. I loved and connected with the message of Liz going on her quest to find herself. Plus given the cast of Hot male characters.. and the fact that its cheesy.. but not overly so, it was always going to be a winner in my eyes.

I also Loved the strong Feminist thread rolling through the film, that it is OK for a woman to be single and happy, and that she doesn't need a relationship to be happy.

Yeah of course I'm biased though because its my type of film.. has anyone been to see it that didn't like it or was pleasantly surprised? leave a comment below....

Talking of babes check out the new trailer for Charlie st. Cloud... Zac Effron, what a hunk!! mmm well that's one I'm looking forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment