Wednesday 27 October 2010

creative residency

Well its been a crazy few days, I've just got back from the puppet residency in Chatham near London where I've been since sunday, I've had a fantastic time literally in the old boat docks, surrounded by history. What I most enjoyed about it was everybody's ability to really work together. We saw the puppets grow from nothing in to something quite amazing, and I even had to leave early! By the end of tuesday, we had all achieved making the skeleton structure, were starting to create the skin and was really moving forward.
What was really hilarious about it all was the production line quality of it. We managed to make 5 puppets that really were starting to look brilliant. For people interested in this project please check out kinetica and same skys website and tell me what you think.
All of this is culminating for 2012 where our hub (one of 5) the environment will be hosting a festival called 12volts in sussex to encourage young people to the imaginatively about sustainability and the environment.
I can't wait to see the videos of them all moving and finished- and know that I was part of it all and helped make it happen! Big love to everyone involved and will post the pictures very soon for you all to have a look at! And I myself feel so grateful to be inspired in such an amazing and life changing project. Feel free to leave a comment Xx luke

No comments:

Post a Comment