Monday 9 August 2010

Updates from a farm

hELLO AGAIN FROM fINLAND!! Well its been my 1st day working on the organic farm today, although it has been abit halted by rain vertually all day, its calmed down abit now!! Last night we had huge thunderstorms here, and all the lights went out aswel sooo that is one way to stop you sleeping!!

Im staying in a place called Palkane, which is in the municipality of Tampere.. Finns love to enjoy their summers in summer cottages, and this is one of the places were they have the most summer cottagesin Finland!!

I got here on Friday and spent almost 3 beautiful days relaxing, and winding down.. ever get the feeling once you wind down you cant wind back up? well Ive been for a few walks.. had a lovely blackberry pie, and a georgeous thai meal... yumm!! well I doo really feel spoilt here!! and I suppose to be working!! hehe*!

Yesterday was a lovely day, and I went for a bike ride to check out the little village. Its actually bigger than I thought at first, it has a lovely old windmill and a nice ruined church aswel! (being an x catholic it is always good to see a church left to waste!!) heh!! and as its on a lake there is some really nice places to go for a swim- theres actually beaches here.. in the middle of finland!!

Well atm there is only me on the farm, but Im enjoying that!! and Martii is really nice, and very interesting too!! he's been teaching me how to freeze foods for the winter and blanch food aswel, omg Im going to make myself into the ideal homemaker for Neil ;รถ)

Other highlights from my trip to Tampere were to go to the Moonmin museum, whuch was lovely, they actually have all these little handmade models.. utterly amazing!! and I also went to the oldest public sauna in Finland, which was brilliant also!! soo hot, but as there was a yurt sauna, which was abit cooler it wasnt all that bad really!!

I did enjoy Tampere, but its best not to stay there too long, I think its abit of an ugly city really, and you really have to know where to go ITS NOT OBVIOUS!!

I have made a few plans now, when I leave here Im going to Helsinki for 4 days, and Im staying on an old army barracks for one of my nights there, aswell as staying in a lodge!! Ive got a place to stay in Tallinn through couch surfing, and Ive also found and amazing hostel that I want to stay in in Berlin!! called the circus hostel
http://www.circus-berlin.de/circus_berlin_hostel.html

well those of you I know Im missing you!! and Im sure it wont be long till I return!! Lovings, Luka

Leave a comment if you like it would be great to here from you!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment