Sunday 1 August 2010

FINNISH ADVENTURES

Terve (hello) from finland!! hope this finds you all well!! well its 1.14am here and its officially past my bedtime! But as Ive been having such a busy time here, and it doesnt get dark till 11pm, and starts getting light at 3am, my body clock is compeatly out of sync.

Ive had a fantastic time soo far, my lovely friend and host minna, has been keeping me topped up with the local alcohol and food. Ive met so many amazing a friendly people here too! It took me 17hours of traveling- door to door to get here- but I made it- without any delays either!

Even on the journey up here I could tell I was going to like it. So much countryside forest and culture here. The archetecture for one thing is deffinetly worth a visit to Finland on its own. Im staying in a place called Kokkola which is great. Its right by the sea, and has the benifit of having a beautiful countryside and forests.. and lakes too!

Ive also even got to meet santas little helpers here! I went to this brilliant place just outside kokkola where this woman has made all these little helpers by hand. There was also a cafe with the BEST blueberry pie I have ever tasted! minne being a realy popular girl has been keen to introduce me to all her friends. Ive been out both nights Ive been here.. I never went to bed yesterday till 8am, which included a house party, but when its light when you get out of a club you dont really want to sleep do you!?

Its great becus like me minnie is also a night owl and doesnt get up till late also, sooo I can lie in and enjoy a busy night!! and boy do the finns know how to party!! Ive been to some cool bars, and even got to see some live music, on both friday and saturday... I think Im going to like it!!

Im here now tommorrow and tuesday, I catch the train down to Tampere for more fun!! Minnie has said that we will be going to her summer cottage were we will go into a traditional finnish sauna and also try some steamed fish and blueberry soup!! (the food here is lovley!!) sooo I certainlly am enjoying it!.

I will keep you all updated, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you have all been up to!! be good and take care ;-)

LUKE XXX

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing lovely! *Kerry weeps into her very thick pile of studying*

    Enjoy the sauna .... luckily the water will be warmer this time of year when you jump in!

    Love you muchly xx Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Im looking forward to it!! Im such a slacker atm... love it!!! i reeked havok on a local coffe shop today by smashing my mug all over the floor!! how imbaressing, luckly I was just leaving!! haha! love you too sweety!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, it sounds like fun. making me want to visit. It seems like i would prefer it where you are away from the centre etc. keep us informed of your wherabouts lots of love muma and pe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You complete me...

    ReplyDelete