Friday 27 August 2010

contrasting city

Well first and formost Id like to say congratulations... to me!! cuz Im the winner of the notepad and stationary!! haha!! well nobody entered the competition so I get it.. hope if I do another comp in the future people will enter though, seriously.

Well my time in Tallinn has drew to a close, Ive had a great time here, such a city of polarities, that not everyone I feel will see when they come here.

On one hand of the city you have the lovely old town, very quaint and beautiful, contrasting wih the soviet past with block buildings and crumbling old wooden houses.

Today I went to a old prison... a bit of a shit hole let me tell you. It only closed in 2005 and is a really scary place. It had a place were they hanged people, a Operation room, cells etc. Now Ive been to Alcatraz and that doesn't have a patch on it. I would hate to be stuck in that place. Talk about residue energies. That place gave me the creeps, I wrote a poem too which I will post later.

Also I went to an old Russian crazy flea market and went on a free tour of the city.. found out loads of really interesting history from my guide!! wow, after coming from Finland, a place with a fairly recent history this place is steeped in the stuff!!

In a word:Come

But be prepared to see things in a very different way.

Well I'm off again tonight to Vilnius the capital of Lithuania... so exciting*!!

Ciao
Leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment