Monday 23 August 2010

Helsinki

Plop... and Ive landed in Helsinki.. the capital of Finland. Ive been here now since yesterday afternoon, and reunited with my boyfriend Neil. When we arrived I was soo tierd after a wild night out in Hämenlinna a fab lake city. There I stayed with a guy called Pyry and we had such a great time, playing finnish games, partying till the early hours, all this has an effect on you thou!! You know what they say about over doing it? well I just did.. What a great host though. He showed me this amazing lake city, and I even got chance to see some modern art before I went home... well I must say Im feeling very inspired!!

Talking of modern art Im currently in an exhibit seeing the fabulous photographer Claire Aho



The exhibit showcases her work as a photographer in Helsinki in 1968.. the photos are soo diverse, and really give you a glimpse of what it must have been like to be in helsnki at the time. Deffo one to check out!

Ive also been on a boat trip around the islands in Helsinki today. Beautiful. Well it was a shame about the rain though. If you love food thou, seriously Helsinki is the place to come!! they know how to eat here, the cakes are to die for, the fish superb, and much much more!! The only problem is to know when to stop!!

Wel tommorrow I will stay on a sea fortress, which me and Neil are equally excited for! Will keep you updated as much as possible on my escapades!! ciao for now!!

Luka xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment