Wednesday 4 August 2010

Pispala ;)

Hei hei!! Greetings once again from finland, If you have been following me on the map, you will see Ive been going crazy with mad and random things that I have been doing!! But also there is just enough time to relax abit too!!

Today I am at a place called Pispala which is in Tampere, This district is amazing, its very alternative, and has some really lovely old buildings aswell as some even cooler derlict factories!! I went to this place today to see some brilliant art, and also climbed the steps of Pispala, and also went to the Pumpkin house, which is near the beach. Its amazing because they actually have beaches and islands here which are close in the center of the city, in the middle of Finland.

This district is also the place were Rajaportti sauna is, which is the oldest public sauna in Finland, which Im hoping to go to. Saunaring being something of a Finish way of life. Talking of Saunaing, I went to Minnies cottage near Kokkola 2 days ago. Its on a island, and has a traditional smoke sauna, which is beautiful! We also had fish from a smoked oven, which tasted.. well..amazing!! I do miss her.. But my new host Marek, is a really nice guy and Im staying with him in Tampere for the next two days, close to the city. We went slacklining yesterday which means we walked in between two trees on a flat rope. Its ALOT harder than it sounds believe me.

Well tonight Im going to an "Ozi" barbeque (how finnish) and am just hoping the thunder and rain doesnt start again as its been raining all night, but still its really humid! Im still enjoying myself and hjaving a great time....

Hope to here from you all in my next sporadic jaunt! Nakkimeen, Luke xxx

Please leave a comment and Ill reply to you xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lucas,

    I'm sooo jealous. It sounds like you're having a great time. We did Finland Feb 2009, up inside the arctic circle. Bloody cold but saw the northern lights. And sauna'd natch.

    Catch you sometime I hope. Kevin P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow that sounds fun Kevin!! am glad you saw the Northern lights too!! Id love to see them!! see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete