Wednesday 24 February 2010

30 SECONDS TO MARS AT WEMBELY ARENA

Yesterday I got the chance to go and see one of my favorite bands 30STM, and what a gig it was! Amazed in the first place that I actually got a ticket, I was going to be seated right in front of the stage. Of course I would have loved to have been standing to be even closer, and maybe even have a dance, but hey like I said I was Lucky!

The first two bands came and went with out much sweat lost on my behalf, and as it was about 9.30, and getting up to my bed time, I was feeling a little tierd even though I was going to be seeing the biggest hunk in Rock, Jared Leto. Now don't get me wrong and everything I love there new album, but its not intirely what I was expecting, theres some pretty cool tracks on there, but I was expecting something with a little bit more spunk in it. I don't know what you all think but sometimes when you go to a gig it can inspire you to buy albums, listen to albums more, OR even sometimes stop listenin to them. I was hoping for a little bit of inspiration, Inspiration is deffinetly one of 30STM key assets.

Opening the show with laser lights, and fantastic attention to detail, one after another they poured there music out to the croud who happily licked it up; I should know I was one of them. Highlights of these songs where Hurracane, This is War and The Kill. What I love about 30STM's songs are the themes of them, Inspiring, political, engaging, provocotive, In a world whos music produces the same old themes of Love, and how shit there life is now there love has gone etc., its nice to hear something a little bit different.

At one point during the show Jared was in the audience and started asking for requests, acousticly strumming out songs- it was a fucking show! All of a sudden the band where in the middle of the room, and Jared started climbing over everyones seat while he sung, the band rocked out, hanging off rails to the floor below, swinging around the room like some kind of monkey, eventually dropping down to the floor below whilst still singing- bizzare!! I litterally came within metres of him.

I know it sounds corney but they really blew me away, if you get the chance to see them in the future-do!

Forget U2 forget all the other bands that you like infact.. 30 seconds to mars are back

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love Jared Leto! Had a crush on him since My So Called Life....BUT my heart lies with Kings of Leon--uhum...CALEB.

    ReplyDelete