Monday 13 September 2010

st. Ives

After a 9 hour trip I'm finally here in st. Ives. I'm here till Friday, when I go back to Brighton for a few days before I start my Uni again... its Lucky, my student loan has lasted the perfect amount of time... I'm just about out of money now.. and need more.

Ive been so busy in the last week. But as anyone who knows me well, I can never sit down long enough for dust to settle on my shoulders.

Since being back Ive hosted a English tea party for the Brighton couch surfing community, it was actually quite a success, most people came with something home made, lots of nice scones, salads, and of course good company.

Ive also managed to fit in some art of my own, its good to be back, I was really getting anxious to finish one piece of my work before I start college! I also went up to London and saw an amazing exhibit called Surreal house, at the Barbican art gallery check out the link below:

http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?ID=10567
also worth a look is the slide show of pictures showing all the different pieces of art at the exhibit.

Highlights included seeing Salvador Dali paintings, Marcel Duchamp , Alberto Giacometti , René Magritte , Man Ray , and Joseph Cornell it really was a sight to behold. The exhibit was all about the home, and of course surrealism, we also got to see some kind of puppet/ shadow play from an artist who I thought was hilarious, as she spoke about her life, while also taking a mould of her vagina!! well, that's one way to shock an audience I suppose. I also thought it was brilliant how they included so much video and film into the exhibit! It truly was an inspiring event!!

I'm looking forward to going up to London soon though to see exhibits from both Muybridge, and Guguin, it seems there is soo much going on, almost too much to keep up with sometimes, living so close to London.

Anyway, I have a busy few days here, its the arts fair at the moment, so there is SO many people and artists here. I'm going to have loads of fun I can tell. But I will be sure to update you on my travels and things what Ive been doing,

ciao for now,
leave a comment if you like, be great to form a network of bloggers, and share blogs, I'm always looking for new things to read,

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment