Sunday 21 March 2010

Things that kick ass

~tear~ I have just watched Marley and me, I have got to say it is a good movie, I know some of you out there will say that its shit, but I actually thought it was cool. When I saw the trailer I thought it had to be the worst idea ever, but it actually has a good story line- watch it.

On the subject of things you should watch- Precious. I actually managed to get out and see the movie I have so desperately wanted to watch for so long, on the last day of it showing in Worthing. Be prepared this is another tear jerker. Based on the book "Push" by Sapphire, is a gut wrenching tale of one girls struggle to move on up- some what reluctantly in parts, with the help of her teacher- Blu Rain (played by Paula Patton) and social worker (Mariah Carey) into a better life. This is in NO WAY like Marley and Me thou and is not cheesy- its gut wrenching stuff. I wont go threw the whole of the plot- you can read that for your self on wikipedia but if you can get to see it do. For me her mom was the best actress Monique- she was very fierce, her acting was amazing, but you also get to see how human, (if a little crazy) she is. I also loved how Precious (Gabourey Sidibe) flitted in between a life where she was the star- to how hard her life actually was- Raped by her father and treated like crap by everyone, she says "no one loves me" to her teacher Blu in the film- to which Blu reply's- I love you Precious. Another tear. no happy ending either.. although I cant understand why this wasn't on national release- this was a really good film.

I also found the cutest (both in a cute guy, and actually really sweet) blog and you tube channel today- wikedycool on you tube- and http://www.breaktheillusion.com/ for his blog, check him out.

I'm also going to see Kick ass tommorrow, a new movie that looks amazing. Lots of very positive reviews for it, so I'm looking forward to telling you all how it goes!

Peace, Luke

2 comments:

  1. I cried like a friggin baby watching Marley and Me! I haven't seen Precious, but I really want to...I've been too preoccupied with getting my copy of New Moon(it's sad to be so obsessed with a fictional vampire:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! yes it is sad.. especially cuz new moon is such a bad movie- my favorite part is when bella is old and ed is still young and shes so pissed off cuz she cant orgasm anymore,, hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete