Monday 15 March 2010

Alice in wonderland!!

In a word- Amazing!! If you are hesitant due to all the dodgy right ups I suggest you go and make up your own mind!!! One think I dont understand is why everyone thinks its based on the book Alice in wonderland? its not, its based on Alice- through the looking glass!! As some of you know the red queen rules wonderland now and has renamed it Underland. Alice meanwhile is set to marry a duke, falls through the rabbit hole, declaring that its all too much. Her mission: To save Wonderland and restore the crown to its rightful owner- the White Queen. Yes the plot is very thin and you can see behind every twist and turn, but I loved it. The charactures are beautifully created- Matt Lucas as tweedle dee and tweedle dum has got to be my favorite, Helen Bonham Carter as the Red queen, and Depp as the mad hatter (more like hotter) are both brill too. The script is very well adapted, and I think for its market of Family's and Children is funny and entertaining. I kind of thought it was a little pretentious to think it would be anything other than lighthearted fun- did anyone actually think it would be anything but? Tim Burton has done it again and made a fantastic film.

Has anyone else seen it what did you think? leave a comment xxxlove

2 comments:

  1. I saw it Saturday night...loved it. Mad "Hotter" is RIGHT! I'm not sure there is anyone any hotter than him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could trust in you sarah to agree with me!! ;-> my sister went to see shutter island and said it was fab toooo.. now I wanna c it- it looks well creepy!!

    ReplyDelete