Thursday 25 November 2010

CUTS

What should we think as what we know and love falls around us?

fact: Our world is changing, the shit has finally hit the fan. In light of the recent protests across the UK, over well... everything! But being a student I can definitely understand more whats going on from that side of the dice. We are now going to be forced to pay excessive fees to go to to university, a rite that should not be denied to us. I wouldn't be able to go to university if it wasn't for the subsidise from the government, I mean really, I don't want to be in debt for the rest of my life.

We are paying for the debts of our past generations, proof that capitalism left uncapped isn't working, the fact that our whole banking system is just about had it, and the state has had to take control of it, a state that allows the likes of Vodaphone to get away with taxes (taxes that we all have to pay) and the bankers still getting their juicy bonuses, whilst the rest of us get dealt this??

What makes it worse is that we are led to believe this is a good thing, "its for the best" hummm I don't think so. By the time I'm ready to retire I'm not sure they'll even be such a thing, its all so very Orwellian!!

Soo what are the other options? Well we can either carry on the way we are, making more cuts and dragging this dead horse through the market, or we can actually start to see this for what it is, and change the system. Uncapped growth is crazy and its putting all our futures and future generations at stake both financially and environmentally. Its all very well making cuts, but were does it end, and who pays the price??

I was in Brighton yesterday for the student marches and I was abit worried, I even heard a Police man say that they were under prepared for the protest- really? I'm shocked!! I mean it was a publicised event, why were they not prepared? In London a Police van was hijacked, that was left unattended, the police never went to get it, again suspect. I believe our civil liberties are under threat at the moment, if Police can sort out football riots whats stopping them sorting this out? Ill leave you to figure that one out.. Protesters are beginning to be given a bad name, Ive lost count how many face book updates with people moaning about protesters, the news and media are also running riot with it at the moment. I hope people see that it is their right and they should stand up and say, enough is enough, this government needs to live up to their promises. Its why we voted (well not me exactly) them in the first place, and now, we are being lied and manipulated against.

So people, find your own voice, and shout, this is why we pay taxes, we don't pay this much tax to get dealt this hand. It is not what we deserve.

Please leave a comment below telling me your thoughts and views, even if it is aginst mine, Id love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment