Monday 19 July 2010

mucho gusto!! Ive been soo busy!!


Well my tour is done, Ive been to Liverpool Birmingham and had the bestest birthday in Brighton... For those of you who haven't been to Liverpool, its on a river in the north of England. A rich cultural history, with boat making, the slave trade, the Beatles, the Tate gallery, and many more institutions in the art world, loads of sculptures, historic buildings, docks, nightlife to live for, shopping to die for, and that accent that comes out the mouth of the love 'em or hate 'em scousers... its no wonder it was voted capital of culture. Only about 3 hours via ferry to Dublin too, sooo it also has loads of Irish there as well.

I got there at 11pm, and our first point of call was actually an Irish bar on Matthew street, called Flanagan's.. the night was spectacular, and I had a great time, my lovely host Sandra was an absolute pleasure to be around too.

One of the big reasons I was up that way though was to see the Picasso, (possibly my favorite artist) peace and freedom exhibit. About Picasso's life as an activist, living in exile in France, during both world wars and during Communisms reign over eastern Europe. My hot hot host was the lovely Sandra. Who being from East Germany has lived through communism, something that Picasso thoroughly believed in. The paintings and the way the exhibit was put together was well worth a trip in its self. But the fact is Liverpool was well worth was worth the journey (6hours) in its own right. I loved its musical history and the art scene there was fab too!! I even got a fab traditional German/Englisher Sunday dinner too!! how lucky am I??

In brum I had the best barbie ever, and all my family came to visit, being a school night they tried to go to bed early but being my family stayed up way past their bedtime!! naughty!! we even had a chocolate fountain- omg!! sooo much food, if not too much.

Watched Inception too!! any thoughts? well I was baffeled by the end of it!! but I loved it anyway!! it took me until the next day to understand it (my brain is slow- I KNOW!!) The only thing that annoyed me was that fucking wife! if u canceled her out then it would have been fantastic! or maybe given Leos character more of a backbone!! I was just trying to follow all the dream sequences at the same time- funny business!! you think that he would not make the same mistake twice getting stuck in a dream

On Friday I also had a fantastic day and went on a steam railway in Brighton called the Bluebell railway, fantastic!! soo historical- its got some fantastic old vehicles on it! Neil paid for my birthday!! so that was quality!! and then went out with some friends to a bar called Casablanca and danced my socks off till two in the morning, to brilliant live jazz!! shame I had only four hours sleep... but hey.... humm if I was in inception, it would be a dream and I wouldn't need sleep!!

Well now I have only 3 days left till I'm in Finland!! omg!! its all happened soo fast and I'm soo excited!! Going to london tomo.. Ill try and keep in touch as much as poss... that's a promise! speak soon! ciao!! xx

leave a comment and I will kiss you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment