Friday 16 April 2010

shake up that dusty rug

Isn't life a funny thing guys and girls? I don't know about you but I'm endlessly trying to balance up my life, and trying to weigh up my priorities in my brain. Last year was such a productive one for me in terms of doing things and starting new things. This year- on a smaller scale is pretty much the same. One things for sure I want to spring clean my life- shake that rug up! I hope to get more involved in green issues- I have just signed up to transition Brighton and hove, and hope to go to a local community project to grow some veg- yummy, I can already smell the soup. It takes alot of strength to start something new- I read a quote once-

"it takes all the strength you can muster to keep in the same place, if you want to get anywhere else you got to move twice as fast."

That quote pretty much rings true for me- sometimes- not all of the time. But I think to move forward in life and to grow and change takes tremendous strength

Ive been reading, and taking to people lately on climate change. I read an article by John Bird on how our government don't really tell us the facts. We are all so bloody confused in this world, listening to gossip from the media, as to what is affecting our day to day lives, the fact is there are so many people my age that don't even vote- its my 1st time voting this year too ;-) Its up to our generation to make changes in our society, its up to us, to lobby and speak up on climate change- and to vote too. There are so many groups out there to get involved with, or if you don't have time, donate, its so rewarding and I don't know a better feeling to know that you are giving something back. You don't have to be a slave to the system- we can speak out. Remember you can either moan or act! (occasionally both) Our world is changing and its time for the way we live our lives to change, and the way the system works.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting involved...I need to do the same.
    Man, I was kinda wanting to see Kickass(I LOVE Superbad)...so, it's not that great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Goo check it out for yourself- bring your man too- Im sure he would love it! I went to see Whip it the other day- that I WOULD recommend! xxx

    ReplyDelete